Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Love the proud moments


12.12.12

Is today really 12.12.12. I didn't realize it until now. What a cool date. 

The past few weeks, months, days, have been so incredibly busy that I often fail to capture the moments of my children. 

Livvy is 10 nearing 11, it's all going so quickly. She is rockin' it right now. We had a rough start to the school year. With her passion gymnastics moving into a commitment of 18 hrs a week, we began to struggle in the first weeks of 5th grade between the sport and her school work. After a total family melt down, leaving all four of us in tears. We agreed that school is numero uno, that in order to have the gym life she would need to show even greater efforts at school. 
So while Livvy has been doing gymnastics for several years now I wasn't sure it would win. Fast forward to December, not only does it win but she's working harder at the gym than I have ever seen. Her school work is "exemplary" a comment she never received before. Way to go Livvy!!

Now Kennedy the sweetest little girl, is really growing up. I want to hit the pause button now.  Kennedy will perform in Longmont Dance Theaters Nutcracker. She absolutely LOVES it. She can't wait to practice and often leaves sad that it wasn't longer. I love this stage of learning to read where everyday something else pops. Driving down the streets of town she starts to read all of the signs and buildings more confidently. Books are getting easier and she is anxious to get better. Kennedy has the gift to gab and this leads to pages and pages of writing.  Kennedy is a girl scout with the cutest girls in 1st grade. They adore hanging out together and earning their petals. She loves her BFF Katie and chilling with her MOM and family. 













No comments:

Post a Comment